Brampton is a thriving district with plenty of things to keep you busy. One of the main features of Brampton is Chatsworth Road, which houses a number of independent shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs. There is a good range of schools and parks dotted around and all within easy access to the town centre. Brampton is therefore extremely popular with families, young people and investors.
There are regular buses which run around Brampton going into the town centre and to further districts. Chatsworth Road is a busy bus route as is nearby Ashgate Road.
Chatsworth Road is a good road network from the town centre towards the Peak District. There are also good trunk roads from the bottom of Chatsworth Road that lead towards junction 29 of the M1 Motorway.
The train station can be easily accessed from the town centre.
There is a range of schools in Brampton, including Brampton Primary School, Old Hall Junior School and Westfield Infant School all of which are considered good schools.
In terms of secondary education, Brookfield Community School has a good reputation and has recently become part of the Redhill Academy Trust which is a well-regarded education establishment.
There is a range of bars, restaurants and cafes located on Chatsworth Road as well as numerous independent retailers for shopaholics among you all. Some of our favourites include:
- Blanc - a leading independent womenswear retailer, selling a wide range of stunning clothes.
- 360 Wellbeing - a state-of-the-art clinic offering a range of treatments for bodily, spiritual and mental wellness.
- Brampton Brewery - boasting a wealth of knowledge surrounding their award-winning cask-conditioned ales and craft beers, the shop sells a range of bottled beers, gift bottles and merchandise.
Somersall and Inkerman Parks are also nearby, which are great for enjoying or walking the dog. Queens Park and Queen Park Leisure Centre are also nearby and can be easily accessed.
Brampton Rovers have a multi-age football club and the Friends of Monkey Park community group also has various activities happening throughout the year.
Pamper yourself or a loved one at the fantastic range of hairdressers, beauty salons and barbers in Brampton such as:
- The Lounge - the perfect place to sit back and let the lovely ladies at the salon freshen up your hair.
- Kroo Barbers - from skin fades and standard cuts, to beard trims and kids' cuts, Kroo does it all!
- Aesthetikos Beauty - offering facials, nails, eyebrows and eyelashes, hair and makeup and even aesthetics, Aesthetikos is your one-stop shop for all your self care needs!
Brampton is also home to Morrisons and Lidl, as well as several convenience stores to ensure you're always stocked up on your household essentials!
Things to do
You won't be stuck for things to do in Brampton. Go for a relaxing walk through Walton dam and into Somersall Park where the newly installed play area and large playing fields will be sure to entertain the kids. After that, perhaps drop into one of the many coffee shops or bars when finished. Check out some of our favourites below.
- Koo - As well as great coffee, KOO prides itself on offering a simple yet sophisticated menu, full of great fresh continental produce. From a delightful breakfast menu to evening drinks, this fantastic little spot is definitely one to visit.
- Nonna’s - From a coffee with friends or breakfast on your way to the office; a meal out to celebrate or a homemade pizza with the kids; Nonna's brings a truly authentic Italian experience.
- GAS Bar & Bites - Pop in for delicious, locally sourced cheese and meat boards, loaded fries or nachos that are all sure to make the mouth water and wash it down with an amazing selection of cocktails, gins, beers and ales.
- The Rose and Crown - If you're looking for a traditional local pub, look no further. With its handpicked selection of Real Ales and lively events calendar, the Rose & Crown provides a friendly and progressive take on a time-honoured British experience.
New Homes & Land
Wilkins Vardy has been involved in almost every significant scheme in Chesterfield over the last 10 years. We also have an excellent track record selling new build homes and managing the sales process, from reservation, to choosing finishes, to completion.